Monday, June 2, 2008

Start of serious revision

The month of June has already arrived. And that signifies the beginning of exams and the start of the winter season. I have started revision for both CHEM 3210 and CHEM 3310, but I cannot seem to remember a lot of facts from the first round of reading through the lecture notes. Think I need to do some of the tutorial questions and attempt the past year papers as well. CHEM 3210 is very memory intensive. To make things worse, there are no tips from the lecturers yet. The chemistry department does not seem to have the habit in repeating past year questions, which makes selective studying nearly impossible. Will start poring through the management readings tomorrow, and hopefully, their contents will be etched deeply in memory until 19th June.

The sky has been grey with intermittent showers for the past few days. Luckily, I will not be going out much since lessons have more or less come to an end. I have the last CHEM 3210 tutorial tomorrow, which only lasts for an hour. Don't feel like going for Adam's retrosynthetic workshop because I want to stay at home and study. Furthermore, Catherine will not be going too. I have gotten the marks for all my CHEM 3310 lab reports already, and I must say that I did better than I expected. Really feel a sense of accomplishment in myself. Bought a sweet chilli salmon sushi for lunch and the taste of the salmon was not fresh enough. Bumped into Alan while I was eating and chatted with him for a while before heading for Green Engineering class. He appears to be satisfied in his new oncampus accomodation, which is Edwards Hall. However, the weekly fees are much higher, at $210 compared to Faulkner Crescent's $120. Hopefully he can pop over for a visit before I depart for Singapore. Would like to take a photo with him for memory keepsake.

Not many people turned up for the extra Green Engineering tutorial session today. But it was a rather fruitful session. Michael gave us some tips for the exams and provided us with the solutions for the heat exchanger questions for the practice questions that he set for us. Kris will be leaving Newcastle on 29th June, which is on the same day as Bowie. And he might arrange a meetup with me when he stops over at Singapore. Really feel good when foreign friends show a keen interest in Singapore. =). Afterall, my homeland is a well known garden city which is clean and green.

Saw Huirong, one of the girls whom I met during the Mysun gathering, together with her friend and Simon, in the living room in the morning. We exchanged friendly smiles and I reckon that she might have the intention of shifting into my house. There will be 3 empty rooms after Huifang and I leave after this semester. My impression of Simon is not good at all. Especially after he accused us of finishing up the allowed bandwidth due to excessive downloading in May. Ironically, the bandwidth was so slow for the entire month that we cannot even access search engines, let alone stream songs and downloading shows.

Some time ago, I noticed a quirky notice on the message boards in the Shortland Hub. There was this middle aged woman put up an advertisement to look for a boyfriend. She gave an extensive description of her personality,interests and mentioned that she prefers a male who can accomodate to her interests and will not insist on making her do activities that she doesn't like. My first impression was that it is a really strange antic, the intention of looking for boyfriends is very personal. It doesn't seem very appropriate to voice it out to such a huge mass of people, isn't it?

No comments: