Saturday, May 31, 2008

Dimsum at the House of Peking

Woke up at 6+ am to furnish parts of 3 CHEM 3210 lab reports. I realised that I left my CHEM 3310 Experiment 4 lab report in Adam's office, need to go get it back on Monday in order to finish up the small section on deducing the oxime stereochemistry. I had gone to approach him yesterday to clear some doubts. Seriously, I have never been so proactive in seeking answers to questions from lecturers before. But I reckon that it is better late than never to become more brave to speak to people of higher seniority.

The highlight of the day was the dim sum buffet at House of Peking with Rachel. It cost $20.30 per head and the tantalizing bite sized Hongkong cuisine left us all so full and satisfied. We had xiaolongbaos, coconut butter buns, har gaos, coconut pudding that came in small dices, fish congee, egg tarts,carrot cake and guo ties. Took a few photos at the restaurant too. It has been at least a couple of months since I last visited House of Peking. And I never knew that they offered such a wide variety of dim sum delicacies there. Meeting Rachel has become a weekly outing now. The more time we spend together, the better our friendship and understanding of each other progresses.

Went for grocery shopping at Woolsworth as usual, and I got more frozen food for breakfast,diced chicken,some bananas and a Nivea strawberry lip balm. My old lip balm broke off on the way home from Tasmania. In addition, my lip gloss is finishing soon.Bananas turn from yellow to brown within a few days, despite putting them in the fridge. Thus, it is imperative to finish them up within 3 days,ie. I purchased 3 bananas. I wanted to some dory fillets as well, but there was no stock.

The last stop was Newsagency to get a birthday card for Aili, whose 20th birthday is on 9th June. I hope to organize a successful birthday gathering for her, together with Rachel,Eva and Melissa. I experienced this sensation : Once you leave your teenage years, you grow older at an increased rate thereafter. Growing older means having to meet higher expectations that people have of you, in terms of maturity and capibilities. To be honest, I do not think I am that matured for my age. But I hope to be better, especially after having undergone an exchange program in a totally foreign country.

Walked home for the very first time from Jesmond Stockland Mall today. And I am proud to say that I can remember the route despite not walking there for at least a couple of months. For people who are closer to me, you all would know that my sense of direction is below the average standard. All along, I had been lazy, because I would rather spend $1.50 to hitch a 5 minute bus ride than to save money and take a 15 minute walk there and having to overcome all the uneven gradients. Passed by Durrah's new offcampus, Kindra Street. She lives really near to me, just turn left from the beginning of the Faulkner Crescent road sign and walk no less than 100 metres and I will have reached.

Cooked green bean soup for myself and Rachel before she headed off for a short nap. Started cooking dinner at around 7 pm, this time it was egg noodles with frozen vegetables,mushroom,garlic,onions and fish fillets. Every Saturday is the day of the week where my tastebuds get tantalized and stomach gets filled to the brim. Studied a few chapters of Geoff's CHEM 3210 lecture notes, with a nap in between. Lying on the bed to study is bad for the eyes,elbow,shoulder and neck muscles. But, my bed is just too inviting to resist. Now it is 2 am, and Rachel has yet to come back. I still remembered how she stayed up until 4 am last Sunday to finish her models.

On an ending note, bus 108 takes a really long route to Jesmond, because it has to circle within the houses in Birminghan Gardens and pass by Shortland. I got a fright when I sat on it for the first time, but thankfully, my fears were unfounded when I saw the familiar Stockland building from the bus's window.

No comments: