Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cold and rainy days

Hooray, the official school semester has ended. I no longer need to fret over waking up early to get to school on time. The grey skies have been pouring relentlessly these days, coupled with winds which sounds resemble that of a wolf's howl. It will give me a good excuse to stay at home to study,instead of going out to school to use the Internet. And also, finish up all the remaining food stocks. In exactly one month's time, I would be on board the qf005 plane back home. Time really flies!

I had intended to go to the last CHEM 3210 tutorial yesterday, only to be greeted with the C124 lecture hall in pitch black darkness. Guess I will have to study the lecture notes more seriously the second round now. Went to the library to return Ding her Thermodynamics notes and to surf the Internet. Met Jianwen at the one of the computer terminals in AIC, and he was submitting his architecture essay via Turnitin. Architecture students are so blessed, because from yesterday onwards, they need not bother about academic matters, such as exams anymore. Examination period is a time where students are under immense stress and have a greater tendency to fall ill. Luckily, I have yet to fall sick in Newcastle so far. All thanks to the balanced diets and Berroca.

Reading through the management textbooks chapter is such a bore! I still can't instil an pinch of interest with regards to the contents into my brain. After doing the calculation, I found out that I need to score 22.5/50 for the final exam in order 2 pass the module. Was rather pleased by my participation score of 11/15, for I am definitely not one of those outspoken ones who contribute a lot to class discussions. Nevertheless, it did help in offsetting the failing mark I obtained in Essay 2 to a small extent. I have planned a study schedule on my calender already. Let's hope that I can adhere to it religiously.

The sky is completely dark by 5.45 pm already, and I am wondering whether I would get to see the day when the sky gets completely dark by before 5.30 pm. The duration of the daylight is becoming shorter, but the difference in the duration between each preceding and subsequent day is becoming lesser as well. The duration used to be around 2 minutes, now it is less than 1 minute. Okay, I need to do my Pinch Technology revision now. Update again when I am free.

No comments: