Saturday, May 24, 2008

Yet another careless act.

Spent several hours in school yesterday,doing a myriad of things. Finally got to meet Adam and he told me to use Sci Finder Scholar to find the synthesis of the complex looking compound which I had been assigned too. However, I have yet to master the art of using the computer to draw molecules, so I can't use the structure to look for the exact compound. I have gotten all the melting points for CHEM 3310 lab, except for that of deoxybenzoin oxime. Wonder why is this organic molecules so elusive online. Got my CHEM 3210 and CHEM 3310 past year papers, will definitely look through them and attempt some, if not all of the questions. Hope the lecturers re-use the questions, so that I do not need 2 struggle with the tedious process of memorizing so many equations.

The Mysun club seems a lot more active than Insnewie. They are going to have a "lepak'' gathering at Barahineban today, which starts from 7.30 pm till late. The last event for Insnewie was before the 2 week holidays.Definitely would not be going for it since Rachel would be coming over for a sleepover and we agreed 2 start mugging hard together for my exams and her practical assignments. So shocked to know that the requirements for an Australian PR to enter UNSW is so much more stringent than that for foreign students. Nevertheless, I believe she will succeed, since she is so disciplined and conscientious.

When I was doing my CHEM 3210 lab report, I ran into difficulties again. I can never complete anything fully, ie. being able to do all the components. Thus, it is inevitable to seek help actively from friends and lecturers. And I rarely, or even never, do all these back in NTU. I finally experience the true meaning of being out of my comfort zone. But the worst realization was, I left my CHEM 3310 lab manual, past year papers and other academic documents in Auchmuty library. Chided myself for being so careless again, and not having learnt my lesson after losing my thumbdrive. Will be going back to the library to retrieve them later, hopefully, they are still there.

Noodles, both udon and thick yellow noodles, taste great with honey,soy and garlic sauce! Love the nectarine taste of the honey. Savouring good food takes my worries off my mind, although it is only transient. Wish that the hectic and hellish period passes by as soon as possible, I can never be truly enjoying my stay here if I have to worry non stop about undone work and challenging exams. 41 days till I return back to the sunny shores of Singapore, can't wait ! And, it's high time for another round of grocery shopping, running out of fruits,noodles,eggs,fresh vegetables and breakfast food.

No comments: