Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A very chilly morning

According to timeanddate.com, the outside air temperature plummeted to a low of 3 degrees celcius! This is totally unexpected, for the air does not get so chilly even during winter, let alone autumn. The cold air is beckoning me to remain at home and not to get frozen to death outside. I shall make my way to school later at around 11 am to print some articles for my green engineering assignment. For now, let's backtrack to the yesterday's events.

I managed to hand up my CHEM 3310 and IRHR 1001 assignments on time, which lightens the burden on my mind slightly, for I still have 3 other assignments due in the next week. I slightly peeved when all the computer terminals at Auchmuty Library were occupied and had to use the computers in Shortland Union Hub to print out my work instead. Had a heavy lunch of turkey with cranberry jam sandwich and king prawn sushi. The craving for them was exceptionally strong since I have not eaten UoN's food for a fortnight. The food was therapeutic, albeit sinful.

Michael has returned to lecture us on Catalysis for Green Engineering lessons agains. This topic is definitely much more manageable than Pinch Technology, because most of the contents, such as effects of catalysts and rate of reactions have been taught during my JJC and NTU days. I sat beside Jade, and I got to find out that she holds a very interesting part time job as a skiing instructor for little children in Southern New South Wales. In addition, the salary is high with the provision of accomodation.

After lessons, I went to Jesmond via bus 225 to purchase a pair of shoes. Managed to get two pairs of covered shoes, deep pink and maroon in colours from a shop called Payforless for only $27.45 in total. Customer service for excellent because the salesman spared no effort in recommending shoes to me, with a pleasant smile on his face. There was a wide range of shoes on sale, ranging from funky boots to slippers. And, there was a ongoing promotion which was 50% off for the second pair of shoes that you buy. So, in the end, I decided to buy 2 boxes of footwear, instead of 1 :P. It was a surprise to see 3 familiar faces in less than an hour of shopping in Jesmond. They are Melissa and 2 of Aaron's seniors, Lin Kooi ( Horny Ong ) and Kwang. Glad that I managed to exchange greetings with all of them.

I got to save $1.50 in bus fares yesterday, for from the time I boarded 225 to the time I boarded 101 home was less than an hour. So the average price per bus trip was only 75 cents. Finally, I get to make use of the $1.50 for an hours journey on the bus to my advantage. The sky was indigo although it was not even 6 pm. I felt chills all over me while walking home, due to the exceptionally cold evening air and the strong breeze.

Had satay Indo mee for dinner and it was not really filling. But I managed to resist the temptation to snack to feel more full. And I need to get more fruits, for there is only a bunch of purple grapes remaining the fridge. The night was a disappointment, for I barely got any work done, as the information on the FCC handbook was insufficient for me to complete my assignment. Let's hope that I can get something wholly done today!

No comments: