Received my exam timetable yesterday and I have papers on the 19,23,26 and 27 June. In another words, my papers begin in the middle of the examination period and end at the very last day. It is quite a disappointment because I would greatly prefer my exams to start and end as early possible, so that there would be less time spent worrying about studies. But in a positive light, the papers are quite nicely spread out and I can devote sufficient attention to each module.
CHEM 3310 lab went quite smoothly, despite the oil of my ylide choking up the rotary evaporator. Luckily, Adam helped me resolve the problem by redissolving the oil in petroleum spirit. I was the last one to leave the lab today, which was a little embarrassing. Nevertheless, I managed to finish the first part of Experiment 2. Organic lab sessions will end in Week 11, following which is a Spectroscopy Workshop. It is Week 9 now.
In the evening, party of 4 and I went to have dinner at KFC in the vicinity of Grand Union Theatres. The air was really cold at 11 degrees celcius. Whenever we spoke,smoke-like vapour would come out of our mouths. Even my nose and feet felt numb from the chill. I had honey glazed wrap for dinner, which is rather healthy because of the tomatoes and lettuce that comes along with it. While waiting for the food to come, I breathed onto the cool window panes and used my finger to draw random things on the condensation vapour. It may seem juvenile but for some reason, I found it interesting.
After that, we went to catch the movie "Untraceable'', starring Diane Lane, as the female protagonist. It is a thriller movie, with a 20 year old male techno expert as a villian. He is so apt at evading from the FBI, that he was only brought to justice after 3 brutal murders. The methods that he employed to kill were horrifying yet unusual. eg. heat lamps, sulphuric acid and anti coagulant. He committed all these heinous crimes because these 3 victims were involved in publicizing the death of his father's murder by decapitation on the web. But the ending was unexpectedly abrupt; credits rolled in just after the murderer was shot dead by Diane. The bloody scenes proved to be too gruesome for me to stomach and I covered my eyes using the hood of my jacket.
I have completed most of my FCC assignment only, instead of all. It's unbelievable that 3 articles from the Handbook of Petroleum Refining Processes is insufficient. I have so much things to do today, such as my FCC assignment, CHEM 3210 literature review, reading of IRHR 1001 articles, and doing up some parts of CHEM 3210 lab reports. Just cannot wait for the academic week to end!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment