Friday, April 11, 2008

The start of the mid semester break!

Slept really early at 11+ pm, because I was too tired due to having insufficient rest for the week. The party of 4 must have came back really late, because they weren't at home when I nodded off. Saw Kheng Boon's MSN message when I woke up, asking me why was I still awake at an ungodly hour of 3.30 am. That was when I realised that not only did I forget to turn off the light before sleeping, but my laptop as well.

Today's IRHR 1001 tutorial was better than the previous one, for I managed to express my opinions rather coherently, although the contents might not have addressed the topic directly. Befriended a Swedish girl called Kimberly while doing a group discussion. She is also an exchange student and majors in management. If she hadn't said that she is from Sweden, I would have continued thinking that she is an Australian as well. All caucasians look similar to me. Up till now, I still cannot differentiate between Canadians, Americans, Europeans and Australians, despite their different accents.

CHEM 3210 lab was relatively okay, for there were no spills or screw ups. I guess it is probably due to the famous theory, "Practice makes perfect''. Renee had also helped me a lot,by taking my share of the apparatus and putting back the washed apparatus into the original boxes. I told her about my upcoming Tasmania trip, and her eyes widened with excitement instantly. She told me about the numerous national parks, the chocolate factory and the wide array of souvenirs that can be found in Tasmania. That really brightened up my mood, for there is a chance that I could do some gift shopping for my parents, friends and relatives.

Had a late lunch of mushroom omelette after CHEM 3210 lab. After putting the clothes in the washing machine and relaxing for a while, I proceeded to visit Aili in the late evening and we had an engaging chat that lasted more than 3 hours. As usual, I got to discover more about her personality and opinions about random issues. Malaysians like to use the comment function on Friendster as a MSN chatbox. It also a common culture among them to do last minute studying. Singaporeans are relatively more kiasu in the aspect of studying compared to Malaysians, for the contents in our syllabuses delve into a lot of deep and sophisticated theories. She will be going to Sydney from Saturday morning till Monday. Bet she will enjoy this trip to the fullest since Eva and Melissa would be going along too. Both of us have several assignments that are due after the mid semester break. That is such a dampener, for we cannot get to spend the entire holiday in pure relaxation.

Dinner was stir fried thick yellow noodles and the usual frozen condiments, together with my new vegetable sauce. The beancurd flavour of the sauce blends well with the noodles. I am quite surprised that I actually passed such a positive comment about food that are derived from vegetables, for yours truly strongly prefers meat over vegetables. But meat has a high level of protein, and can lead to kidney damage if eaten excessively over many years.

These days, I have been seeing numerous maple leaves on the pathway to home. They are yellow in colour and the shape is really unique. Feel tempted to collect some of them but I do not have a suitable plastic bag to place them. Saw a bird with a mixture of just white and black feathers in the vicinity of the Maths building today. I was kind of fascinated by it, for I had never seen such species of birds before. The beauty of nature is boundless indeed.

No comments: