Saturday, April 12, 2008

Gathering at Fritz's house

Yesterday marked the true start of my 2nd week holiday. However, I have 4 assignments and lab reports 2 finish and catch up on respectively during this break. It is time to re-inculcate the sense of self discipline in me now. Thankfully, it was successful to a certain degree, for I have finished reading all the management articles that are pertinent for my 2000 word essay now.

Cooked a big bowl of red bean soup and instant rice for lunch. The instant rice is really delicious, because of the pandan leaves and coconut milk. On top of being tasty, it was fragrant too. The feeling of having a full stomach is really gratifying. Took an afternoon nap while the party of 4 were out in the living room playing computer games. After the a short sleep, Aaron asked me if I wanted to attend a gathering organized by his basketball captain, Fritz. Spontaneously, I agreed, for I want to get to know more people and discover more about personality traits of Malaysians.

We left the house at around 8.15 pm. Fritz's house is also in North Lambton, therefore the car drive was only around 5 minutes. We were warmly greeted by Fritz and his big group of friends when we stepped into the house. I was a little bit surprised when I saw one of the waitresses from the House of Peking in the living room. It is such a coincidence that she lives under the same roof with Fritz as well. Fritz's girlfriend, Yuwooi, broke the ice with me first. She was very amicable and often wore a smile on her face. And the big group of friends were also very hilarious and cracked jokes which were novel but had the potential to send all of us in stitches.

We had macoroni, 2 different flavours of potato mash ( plain with salt and mushroom with bacon) and nachos for dinner. The food was not too bad, but I found them quite salty. But the way they prepared the nachos is really special, they put cheese, capsicums and tomatoes on the crisps, and then bake it slightly in the oven. There was a free flow of alcoholic drinks, which came in various colours, such as green,blue and red. Yuwooi and Fritz were surprised to hear that the party of 4 and I do not drink alcohol. But the party of 4 contributed to the variety of drinks by bringing along bottles of Pepsi. Apparently, Aaron became the centre of everyone's jokes that night. That was because he blushes easily, and Yuwooi had joked that if Aaron had gotten into a drunken stupor, he would blurt out that he loves Aaron Kong (Weiming). This nonsensical joke sent most of us howling with laughter, including myself. :P

The highlight of the night was the playing of this game called " Betrayal on the Haunted Hill''. The showdown of the game involves a battle between the traitor and the hero. Up till now, I still do not really understand the rules and regulations of the game. So most of the time, I just sat down and observed how they played the game, and laugh at the humorous jokes that were exchanged among everyone. This was the maiden time that I did not feel out of place and sullen in a gathering. In all the previous gatherings, I was always feeling out of place because I felt like a thorn among the roses, without any close friends to talk to freely.

They were so engrossed in the game that time literally whizzed past. Before everyone knew it, it was already past 1 am. We decided to go home because the party of 4 would be going for an outing with Fritz and his friends at Gosford to see chocolates. I declined the invitation because Rachel would be coming over for a visit. Nevertheless, I wish that everyone would have an enjoyable trip. The night air was so cool that the window panes of Aaron's car turned misty, due to the condensation of water droplets. And true enough, the website stated that the temperature at that time was 12 degrees celcius. This is definitely more than 2 times colder that the current weather in Singapore.

Had a humorous and entertaining chat with Edward on the phone before dozing off at 2+ am. I particularly liked his joke of a dragon turning into a worm. And the "worm'' can only breathe out fire that is no bigger than a lighter's flame. Okay, I think I need to sign off now, for I need to get some work done before meeting Rachel at the Maths building to bring her to my house.

No comments: