It is Weiming's 21st birthday today, and I extended my greetings to him via MSN at 12+ midnight. Glad that he appreciated my gesture of friendship and thanked me. :) Such a seemingly insignificant small deed makes me smile, for it shows that he regards me as a friend.
Was late for CHEM 3310 lecture for 15 minutes for I overslept and had still insisted on having a proper breakfast of the last 2 pancakes with butter spread. Did not manage to get the new alkene lecture notes, guess I can only get it after the mid semester break. Before Green Engineering lecture, I purchased a chicken schnitzel sushi for $3. It was really delicious and filling. The rice was soft and fragrant, and I savoured each bite with pleasure. After finishing my snack, I proceeded to the bookshop to buy 2 highlighters and 2 files to put my Chemistry lecture notes. Files will facilitate in the organization of my notes for the various modules.
Got back my Thermodynamics test paper today, and surprisingly, I scored more than a bare pass, with a mark of 60%. That made me really happy, for I thought that the best mark that I could get was 50%. Geoff handed out the Pinch Technology assignment today, and there is only 1 question on it. Compared to NTU, UoN's syllabuses are very much less intensive and do not really require daily revisions. In some NTU tests, I can go through the content thoroughly twice, but still fail. Now, do you see the vast differences in standards?
Met up with Rachel at our usual venue at the Maths building, and off we headed to Jesmond for our lunch. She intends to enter UNSW in her 2nd year for the credentials for its Architecture course is more recognized. Wish her all the best! Had Hokkien chow mein which is cooked in the Singaporean style at Oceanic. The portion was large and it costs a hefty $13.50. The ingredients were of a generous helping, but the amount of oil used was certainly too much for my liking. Ironically, I still finished the entire plate of the noodles. Psychologically, I can feel those oozing fats turning into solids and clogging up my blood vessels X(. Rachel ordered a cheeseburger takeaway meal for lunch. Told her about the thrashing out session with the party 4, and got a lot of reassuring comments from her. I was definitely touched by her words.
After lunch, we patronized House of Asia, where I got 2 packets of udon and a packet of green beans. Finally, can have a change in the weekly dessert of red bean soup. Then, it was off to Woolsworth. As usual, it was a fruitful shopping trip for I bought all the things that were listed in my shopping list, in addition to a box of frozen dory and a magazine to kill time. It has been ages since I bought a magazine. I used to buy 8 days weekly back in Singapore. Rachel also bought a box of fish fingers and a magazine, probably under my influence :P
Took 226 home from the bus stop outside Jesmond, and this time around, I successfully made my way home by foot. All thanks to Aili who showed me the way to the bus stop nearest Faulkner Crescent on my birthday. However, my shopping bags were heavy and I had to stop a few times to relieve the pressure on my palms. Packed all the food in the fridge and cupboard. Then, I packed my lecture notes into the new files. Feel much more relieved after seeing all the academic related notes in order. :) Chatted with Rachel on MSN and she agreed to come to my house on Saturday for a chit chat and lunch session. A vivacious person like her will definitely brighten up my boring lifestyle.
Despite the extremely unhealthy meal at lunch, I still couldn't resist the chocolate chip ice-cream in my fridge and ate quite a lot of it, maybe at least 3 scoops! Good grief, where has my self discipline to stick to a healthy diet gone too? Guess it vanished temporarily today. I had resolved only to take 1 packet of instant noodles, no more than 3 eggs per week and no more than 1 unhealthy snack as a full meal in a fortnight. Looks like the packet of corn chips will be left sitting on my shelf for at least another 2 weeks. Speaking of which, I really can't fathom how the Aarons and Hongjun can afford to pay so little care to their diet and ingest unhealthy snacks in big portions everyday. Ironically, Hongjun is a Nutrition and Dietetics major, and should know about the pitfalls of over snacking.
On a totally unrelated note, I want to get Fresh Kon Colours Fusion contact lenses. Want to look pretty at least once in Newcastle.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment