Despite being in UoN for more than a month, I still inadvertently type my NTU user Id to log into its computer system. Guess deep down inside my heart, I am so attached to NTU already, though the feeling is not obvious at all. Just received an email from Huey and the feeling is great. It is so comforting to know that you have friends in Singapore who are genuinely concerned and willing to be a good listening to you. The timeanddate.com website says that the temperature outside is 8 degrees. But I highly doubt so, for the temperature only falls to THAT low during winter. And it is only autumn now.
Green Engineering quiz was disastrous compared to the previous 2 quizzes which I took. I could barely do the first question, which was worth 50 marks and could only write down 3 lines of formulae, literally. Did not know what values could be used to substitute into 1 of the formulas as well. Question 2 and 3 were all right, I hope, since I could arrive at a definite answer. Pray that Lady luck shines on me and that I can scrape through with a bare pass. Anyway, I have done pretty well for the previous 2 quizzes, so when the marks average out, getting 50 overall is plausible :)
Went to Aili's house at around 6 pm and spent 3 hours there chit chatting with her about any random topics that came to our minds. She is really an intriguing person, and seemingly perfect too. From our numerous conversations, I came to a conclusion that she is pretty, smart, easygoing, confident, sporty and sociable. All the desirable qualities packed in 1. No wonder she has so many friends and always looks on the bright side of life. Although some of our opinions vary widely, I am still proud to have her as a friend and listen to the things she tells me. Definitely look forward to the day when she comes to Singapore, so that I could bring her to all the interesting places there. I still remember my very first impression of her: a high class sophisticated young woman who really knows how to groom herself and exudes an air of inherent confidence. Acquired a wholesome lot of knowledge from her too. One good one is: varying standards in languages can give rise to misunderstandings. And, it is paramount to curb the tendency to think the worst of people. I arrived at my own conclusions: Wait till my temperament has stablilized before jumping to conclusions. Be more open minded to new and unexpected differences in people.
Dinner was Korean instant noodles with frozen food. The taste of the gravy nearly overstretched my tolerance level for spicyness. Nevertheless, the meal was hearty and thus, satisfying. Chatted with Clare and Mum on MSN, before using my new IDD card to call Edward. I finally see the light on why my previous IDD cards' funds deplete so fast. That is because the per minute charges for Singapore mobile phones is more than 10 times higher than that of Singapore house phones. From now on, I will only make calls to the latter. Slept at 1 am + last night. Did not feel that cold from the chilly to the bone night air after closing the window completely.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment