Wednesday, April 2, 2008

KFC treat for Rachel

Nothing very interesting happened yesterday, so I did not blog. Lessons were mundane and I did not go out at all, for my friends went to watch the horror flick, "The Eye''. I don't believe in forking out $12 to scare the daylights out of myself. I still clearly remember piercing the silence of the cinema with my shrill screams while watching the Chinese version of the movie in 2002. Still vividly remember that I went to watch it with Li Yun, after our Chinese O Level Mother Tongue listening comprehension exam.

The Internet's speed has become surprisingly fast, although the bandwidth would only be renewed on the 5th April. I can even stream songs normally on my blogspot playlist, imeem and youtube. According to Sadab, it is an error that the wireless technology company, Telstra made. They renewed the bandwidth earlier than scheduled time. He told us to make use of this golden opportunity to download and upload files as much as possible. To be honest, I couldn't be any more happier. :) As I depend ever so much on the Internet for music and drama clips.

Went to the Bowman Building after CHEM 3310 lecture to attend a short briefing on the upcoming International Student Exchange fair. It was rather short, only about 5 minutes. The duration was definitely longer than the time I took to walk from Auchmuty library to the briefing venue. I was quite surprised to find out that one my Green Engineering tutorial classmates is an exchange student too. The international exchange fair will be on next Tuesday, in the Brennan Room at Shortland Building. To be honest, I do not exactly know what to expect. Shall adopt a see and act attitude.

Went to collect my IRHR 1001 essay from the Shortland hub and I am really pleasantly surprised by the mark I got. I had expected a bare pass, from the amount of effort that I put. That means that I can slack off for the next essay assignment. Felt drowsy during Green Engineering lecture, for my mind cannot absorb the facts instantly on the spot. As a result, I was daydreaming instead of attempting the tutorial questions successfully. We learnt about pinch technology today, and this chapter will be covered in the final exam. In fact, the contents of the subsequent lecture noes will be tested in the final exam. Got back my Dispersion assignment, and I barely passed it. Nevertheless, it is good enough for me. :)

Went to eat KFC at Jesmond together with Rachel after school. My Australian handphone is quite problematic, for it takes a long time for the line to connect and I can't hear my friends on the other line unless I switch on the loudspeaker. Luckily, I only have to endure its crankiness for another 3 more months. Gave her a treat, for today is the eve of her birthday. I ate a chicken wrap, in addition to fries and Pepsi. That is a really unhealthy meal that I have eaten. We posed for a photo together too. As usual, we had more heart to heart talks and spent a considerable amount of time laughing our hearts out. She told me a lot of the various personalities that Malaysians exhibit. We also chatted about our friends, guys and jokes that different friends crack. Both of us agree that Melissa is a real joker who can crack anyone up instantly.

Proceeded to Jesmond after that, where I bought 2 pairs of woollen socks, a blanket, half a dozen apples and a small box of Shitake mushrooms. Parted ways at the bus stop with Rachel. Look forward to meeting her again. Took 231 and alighted after 2 bus stops. However, I could not find my way back. Luckily, Weiming responded to my phonecall and arrived shortly after in Aaron's blue mazda car, together with the couple. Decided to skip dinner tonight due to the sinful KFC lunch. But I will just make do with a red apple. Now, I am uploading the photos from my camera into Shutterfly. So to all my friends out there, you can finally see the photos I took during my short Sydney trip. :)

Okay, shall complete my IRHR 1001 readings tonight and hopefully, do a little bit of my lab report. Will update soon.

No comments: