Monday, March 31, 2008

A seemingly boring yet satisfying Sunday

The weather has been really erratic these days. It is freezing cold at night, dawn and morning, but unpleasantly warm in the afternoons. I rather have a constant climate throughout the day, so that my sleep would not be disrupted in the middle of the night. Up to this date, the temperature has hit a bottom low of 15 degrees celcius. This causes me to tremble in cold despite my thickest turtle neck top, Bowie's blanket, gloves and socks. Guess it is really imperative to get a thicker blanket soon. And, I also wish that there was a heater installed in my room, albeit it might result in hefty electricity bills.

The new garlic bread which I had purchased 2 weeks ago is different from the previous one. The garlic spread makes my hands oily when I take it out onto a plate to be microwaved. However, the servings are heartier and the taste of the garlic spread is richer. The party of 4 went out for a basketball session which lasted almost 5 hours yesterday. Alas, I can have some peace and quiet due to the absence of the deafening noise from their games. Cooked bee hoon soup again for my lunch. This time, I put in the frozen fish that I bought from the House of Asia. Need to eat it separately from the bee hoon because there are bones in it. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my serene lunch in my room. I rarely have my meals at any other parts of the house either than my room.

Had another interesting talk with Alan again. I helped him a little with his elementary Chinese worksheet while he taught me a few Cantonese words. Seems like a mutually beneficial exchange huh? And, he showed me his room too. I was certainly awed by its huge size and the private bathroom cum toilet that came with it. And I finally realised that the toilet door in between 2 of the bedrooms could be locked, all thanks to Alan's assistance. Sadab taught me a trick on how to thaw frozen food more quickly, and that is to expose the food to the sunlight on the area beside the kitchen sink. Made small talk with Wilson, who returned in the mid afternoon after his First Aid course as well. He advised me to put my plastic boxes which contained raw meat upright instead of sidewards, to prevent the juices from the raw meat from leaking out of them. Sound advice indeed, otherwise I could have continued soiling my friends' food packages with those repulsive juices.

Had an entertaining 1 hour chat with Aili. She is so comfortable to talk with and we seem to have amazing chemistry between each other,despite being friends for a mere month. I could talk to her about things literally under the sun, including heart to heart topics. Appreciate her honesty and receptiveness to the topics I initiate a lot. It makes my heart feel really liberated and carefree. Wouldn't it be great if we could be housemates? *wistful sigh* Time always seems to speed by whenever I am engaging in such cheery conversations. And, I sincerely hope with all my heart, that her eye will recover as soon as possible. :)

Dinner was a very light meal, just a cup of yogurt and grapes, for I wanted to give my stomach a break once in a while. Had to discard some of the grapes because there were obnoxious looking white and brown bits on the skin. The rest of the night was spent chatting with Clar and Mummy, which got me all hyped up and gleeful. I even did some random singing while blowing my wet hair dry. When I sing, all the unhappy things that burden my mind temporary vanish. And I feel liberated, even though the moment is transient.

Okay, I shall conclude this post now. Want to go grab a Subway sandwich and an IDD card before my Green Engineering lesson at 2 pm.

No comments: