Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Therapeutic trip to Jesmond

I have been a bad student this week! For I skipped the 9am CHEM 3310 lecture today, as I unable to wake up due to sleeping late last night. But nevertheless I had a fun time chatting with Mummy and friends. Definitely must put a stop to missing lectures before it becomes a habit. Alas, my garlic bread was nicely done this time around, by setting the temperature to medium low for a couple of minutes. After breakfast, I did a teeny weeny bit of my lab report write ups and listen to the songs on the playlist in my blog.

Most of the people weren't attentive during the Green Engineering tutorial on Thermodynamics, probably because they are in the holiday mood for the upcoming 4 day vacation due to Easter. I also felt that my soul was segregated from my physical self during the tutorial. I do not really like Michael's way of writing his numbers for they are literally illegible. Wish that Geoffrey Evans will come back soon to teach us. Anyway, the questions were reminiscent of CBC 214, but the formulas look almost alien to me, for I have conveniently forgotten most of them after the exam in Year 2 Semester 2.

Went to meet Rachel at the Maths building when the lesson ended. Together, we walked to Jesmond. We passed through many spiral routes and tunnels. The journey by foot was rather long, but time passed very quickly, for we kept talking throughout the whole time. It is very heartening to be able to speak with such confidence and be myself to very new friend. It is certainly a stressor when you have to hold back your words and true emotions while interacting with relatively new friends. Lunch was a huge portion of creamy egg rice with chicken at Oceanic, which sells Asian dishes like fried rice,chow mein,mixed rice etc. The dish tasted all right at first, but the last few mouthfuls were very salty! Weird isn't it? It was also rather expensive at $8.90. However, there is a major turnoff at the eatery, which are the numerous flies which swarmed around the tables and one even landed on my unfinished rice!

Here comes the highlight of the day. Grocery shopping at Jesmond. Rachel was kind to help me tick off the things that I had intended to purchase once they were placed in the trolley. Spent about $122 at Woolsworth and House of Asia altogether, even more than the previous "massive'' shopping trip a fortnight ago. Got another tub of ice-cream,cookies and cream, although I have not finished the previous tub. Just hope I can finish all the food I have bought by the expiry date and the time I leave Australia. Can't believe that I actually like cooking for myself now, even more than eating outside food.

Took a cab home after bidding goodbye to Rachel. The cab fare is $6.40, 20 cents more than the previous one.It must be due to the heavier traffic conditions, because the fare is calculated according to the time you spend on the cab, not the distance it travels. The same concept applies to the public buses too.

It is the first time I cooked bee hoon soup today, with vegetables, fish fillet and mushrooms. The end product was nice, although the taste would have been richer if I added less water. Dessert was a red apple, it seemed rather hard as I had put it in the fridge. Chatted with Wilson while cooking and as usual, it was easy to strike up a conversation with him. He seems to like cooking vegetables with curry, to go with white rice. I am not a rice person, thus I never buy any, only noodles.

Okay, it is time that I do my management readings in preparation for tomorrow's tutorial. And also high time to bathe! Wish me luck tomorrow for CHEM 3210 lab.

No comments: