I woke up at an ungodly hour of 7.15 am yesterday to meet Ding in Auchmuty Library to finish up the green engineering assignment. Had my honey biscuits and milo. I need to go and get small sachets of sugar, for there is barely any left in the house now. I felt a tad guilty relying on Ding to provide me with the solutions directly, but I really had no clue on how to go about doing the assignment at all, for the steps are all based on calculations which I have never seen in my entire life. She also offered me her vinegar chips which were really sour and mentioned that she would be going to Melbourne during the Easter holidays.
We parted ways after handing up our assignments at the Chemical Engineering building. I think it is really refreshing to be able to click with a person of a totally different race although we have only known each other for a week! Guess that is the true essence of an exchange program, getting to know more people around the globe. Skipped CHEM 3210 lecture for the rest of the day for I was rushing to complete the assignment. Felt a tad guilty because Bob is a really good and kind lecturer. Shall make this my first and last time. With the exception of skipping IRHR 1001 lectures though. I simply dread staying in school from 10am-8pm on the headstart of a week which is Monday!
Met Rachel for lunch at the Hub cafe. Ordered a tandori chicken wrap which was filled with bitter vegetables. I had to discard almost all of them, so that the tastiness of the tandori chicken would not be tainted with the bitterness. It is definitely not worth $4 for a relatively unsatisfying meal. Had a really nice and informative chat with Rachel, for we shared quite a lot of similar sentiments together. Most importantly, it is our common mother tongue which is English, which makes the communication process between us a lot more smoother. We even agreed to go Jesmond tomorrow together. Look forward to that!
At 12pm, we went to meet her student mentor, an Indonesian 2nd year nursing student, Levina, for lunch. I was a bit annoyed about having to sit in front of a live band, which made hearing and speaking nearly impossible. I may sound prudish, but the volume of music and singing should be appropriate in order to make chit chatting a pleasurable activity.
CHEM 3310 lab was okay overall, although I broke a round bottom flask while trying to fix the condensor into its neck. Nevertheless, Adam helped me salvage most of my product, without having to prepare it again. Did the melting points and IR for some of my compounds during the 2 hour long refluxing period. The machines for IR and measurement of melting points are similar to that in NTU's.
Went to catch the movie "Run,fat boy, run!'' with the party of 4 at 9.15pm. The price of the movie tickets were cheaper today, $9 instead of the usual $12. I took the chance to clear all my outstanding debts to my friends in the cinema too. The movie's plot is rather ironic to its title, for the main star is not fat at all, albeit for a bulging abdomen. The plot is light-hearted, humorous and predictable. The story revolves around a man who garnered great determination, with the support of his friends to complete a marathon, despite being injured. This was an attempt to win back his ex girlfriend whom he had stood up at their wedding 5 years ago. But I felt that the ending could have been better developed and less abrupt though.
The atmosphere in the car was unusually quiet on the way home as we were feeling rather tired from a hectic day in school. The party of 4 are going to participate in a basketball match tomorrow, wish them all the best although I may not be physically present.
I need to go and sleep now, for it is almost 2am. I have to wake up at 8.15 am later. This really calls for a groan in agony. :(
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment