Friday, March 21, 2008

Truth or dare session

Today's management tutorial was quite interesting. We were asked to describe UoN's culture using metaphors,ranging from animals to movies. Tony gave us an Easter egg chocolate each, and I found that a very sweet gesture. Realised that the Caucasian students in class are more outspoken than Asians in general. I still have my reservations about giving my opinions spontaneously.

CHEM 3210 lab session seemed rather relaxing today, for I did not feel much stress while carrying out the experimental steps. But I felt that my pace was rather slow, guess I am already in the Easter holiday mood and thus,my brain tells me not to waste my energy to unnecessary stress, such as pressurizing myself to complete as much of the experimental steps as possible in a day. When lab session was finally finished, I heaved a big sigh of relief, the end of the week has arrived! Random discoveries for this week. The Australians like to wear sunglasses because they have sensitive eyes. This might be due to the lesser amount of melanin in their irises, therefore making their eyes more vulnerable to the bright rays of the sun.

Had mushroom omelette and a cup of lemon meringue yogurt for lunch. Afterwhich, it was a futile attempt for me to catch an afternoon nap, all thanks to the loud singing and the piano playing coming from the neighbouring house. I think it was probably a church choir singing, in preparation for Good Friday tomorrow. Simon came later in the afternoon for house inspection, together with a set of new rules pasted on the fridge. We will be charged $10/week if we do not stick to our cleaning duties listed on the roster. Also, we are not allowed to bring guests in for cooking and stayover purposes, otherwise a monetary penalty will be applied. But the good thing is, he bought us a new vacumn cleaner!

Went to Bowie's house with the party of 4 for dinner. It is amazing that 5 of us could squeeze together at the back of Aaron's car, which only had the capacity to accomodate 3 people. Bowie had to sit on the laps of Huifang and Weifun. Oiyin was the chef for tonight. She prepared stir fried noodles,seafood salad and an elaborate egg dish which contained pork,turkey,crabmeat and vegetables. I must say, that her cooking is fantastic. No wonder Hongjun had once commented that Oiyin possesses the best cooking skills among all his close friends. I have never tasted such good cooking by my peers before. Lemonade with a bitter aromatic flavouring was also served. Needless to say, almost all of us had a lion's share for tonight's meal. I especially liked the squids,prawns and fish in the seafood salad.

After the sumptuous dinner, all of us sat down to play Truth or Dare. We used my handphone to determine who was the one to be bombarded with questions, mostly about immensely private and sensuous secrets and drinking teaspoonfuls of a mixture, which comprised of liquids of contrasting flavours. Everyone was high and excited during the several hours when the game was being played. I got to discover a lot about my friends' pasts,secrets and experiences with respect to their love lives. Like about their ex beaus, first relationships,current crushes etc. Now, I get to see my friends in a brand new perspective. Hopefully after this "baring our souls'' session, our friendship will brought up to another level of understanding and closeness.

Reached home at around 1 am, and found the house in complete darkness. Turns out that most my house mates have returned to Sydney to spend the Easter holidays with their families. Went to discard the rubbish near the kitchen sink, showered, had my daily dose of MSN chatting with Mummy and now here I am, concluding this post. There will be more exciting entries and photos posted in time to come, for I am going to Sydney from 23-24 of March :).

No comments: