Saturday, March 29, 2008

Boring Saturday

Hmm, I reckon that this post will be rather boring to read. For nothing really interesting happened today since I did not take a single step out of the house at all. In fact, I have stayed in for the entire day since Friday. But the free time wasn't spent in a very productive way, for I surfed the web, chatted on MSN or just simply lazed on my bed most of the time. The credits in Hongjun's Green card have been depleted, and as a result, I can no longer call Edward or friends for random chats. All my NTU friends seem to be as busy as bumble bees lately, as the examination looms closer and closer. Wish all of them the very best of luck and hope they would attain their expected results.

Read through my handwritten notes on Thermodynamics and Energy balances. The former was relatively okay, but the mathematical formulaes in the latter look intimidating. And I am totally clueless about how to go about doing the Energy balances tutorial questions. At this point of time, I really wish for the supernatural ability to allow all related knowledge to diffuse from my notes to my brain cells. Unfortunately, this is only possible in science fiction shows.

Chatted with Zhaoyang and Chailing online before cooking lunch at about 3.15pm. They gave me really good advices about how to cope with my emotions in Australia, to make the best out of the not-so-pleasant situations that I find myself embroiled in, seize the opportunity to gain valuable friendships and let my true personality shine forth naturally. Shall try to drum their advices into my mind, and apply them whenever applicable. Lunch was udon with seafood base, together with the usual frozen ingredients like fishballs,vegetables and chicken. The noodles were tasty, but I need to reduce the volume of water used in the future.

Took a therapeutic afternoon nap for a couple of hours shortly after lunch for I could not think of anything else to do to pass my time. Keeping my eyes glued to the laptop screen for hours is going to have a detrimental effect on my eyesight, so I chose to sleep instead. Had a strange dream though, of some of my Malaysian friends asking me to go out with them in a dimly lit house. And the house did not even bear the slightest resemblance to my present home. And they seemed to be holding candles too. This dream must have originated from my memories of them celebrating my birthday briefly in the dark. I cannot remember the exact details, but I clearly recall seeing Bowie's and Jeannie's face in the dim candle lights.

Dinner was a beef and potato dish that could be prepared really easily, by just putting it in the microwave for 1.5 minute. Like yesterday, dessert was green grapes. The living room is buzzling with activity as usual, due to the excited yelps and the frustrated groans of the boys who are preoccupied with the playing of the Aarons' games. Not forgetting Huifang's loud shrills in mock exasperation as she attempts to learn how to play them as well. Such high pitched voices can make you raise your hands in exasperation, but she cannot help it, right?

No comments: