Yesterday marked the end of the examination period. I managed to reach Hunter building on time, although my arrival was late compared to the rest of my tutorial mates. The Green Engineering paper was manageble, although I was a tad stunned at the fact that I could not completely solve the question on Pinch Technology. But overall, I am confident of passing the paper. Finally, I can throw all the academic information out of my head and relax to the fullest in the coming few days to come before I depart from Newcastle.
I had intended to go back to UoN to mail my textbooks and files home to Singapore but didn't do so in the end because their combined load is too heavy for me to carry to school. And Weifun could not give me a lift because Aaron's car key wasn't with her. So, I decided to chat with Diana on skype and afterwhich, I rewarded myself with a hearty lunch of Singapore Instant noodles with cheese tomato scrambled eggs. It is my first time sitting for examinations in a foreign land and the pressure to do well is much lesser than that of NTU. I am confident to achieve at least a Pass for all my modules, with the exception of IRHR 1001.
Sat the 101 bus to Glendale for dinner at Hungry Jacks. I was contemplating on whether to watch Kungfu panda by myself or not, since Ding didn't call me nor respond to my sms. Finally, I decided against doing so because it is no fun watching a movie all by your lonely self. After dinner, I went to Woolsworth and bought a box of microwaveable Hokkien mee. Didn't want to buy too much food since I am going to leave soon. Reached home before 8 pm and slept shortly after. I didn't wake up till about 2.30 am. Surfed the Internet before falling asleep again until 7.23 am.
After a light breakfast of Ovaltine and an apple, I proceeded to the Maths bus stop to take 226 to Broadmeadow station, and from there I boarded the Sydney bound train to Gosford to meet Catherine. I am going to stayover at her house for at least a night, since she so kindly invited me to do so. 226 came 5 minutes ahead of schedule, and the train arrived in a mere 5 minutes instead of the projected 1 hour. The train ticket from Broadmeadow to Gosford costs $4.80, which is cheaper than I expected. All along, I have thought that the train tickets cost more than $10. The train ride was about 70 minutes and it passed by a few places which had peculiar sounding names such as Wyee, Tuggerah and Teralba. According to Catherine, these names were originated from the Australian aboriginals.
And right now, I am at her house typing this entry. The Central Coast lives up to its name indeed, for there are more beaches and ponds here. And Wilson's working place, Gosford Hospital is just a stone's throw away from its station. The surroundings of Central Coast is rather different from that in Newcastle, but for now, I cannot describe the contrasting environments in words. Catherine's house is two storeys high and all the floors are made of carpet. She is a really receptive host, constantly offering me snacks and setting up a comfortable mattress together with a warm blanket in the spare room. Really appreciate it. Look forward to going to the Avoca Beach with her later. =) And not forgetting, fish and chips for lunch.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment