Saturday, April 5, 2008

Unproductive Friday

Fell asleep last night without switching off the lights and clearing my homework off my bed. But I still managed to have a good rest, despite the awkward sleeping position and the chilly weather. The humidity is about 40% at the moment, which is less than half of Singapore's. Clothes dry very quickly but my lips will have a greater tendency to crack as well.

Did some of the questions of the NMR exercise, with the help of my CBC 311 Spectroscopy textbook. However, I got lazy after encountering the difficult questions towards the back and decided not to continue. I realised that I keep procrastinating my work. This is really appalling, for I have never ever showed such sheer laziness during NTU semester times. Lab reports are piling mountain high and I just can't seem to start working on them. Someone please remove the sluggish bone in my body! And it does not help that the 2 week mid semester break starts after just one more academic week. This will give my brain a golden opportunity to shut itself down on me, as it automatically tunes towards the holiday mood.

It is interesting to note that UoN Medicine students start their mid semester break a week before the rest of the university population. Alan went back to Sydney today and will only come back 2 weeks later. He put some of his fruits in the fridge and stuck a notice on the door, asking us to help ourselves to them. That is a kind gesture indeed, but I don't think I will eat his fruits, for I still have 4 apples in the fridge and I am too lazy to peel the fruit skins.

Cooked a bigger bowl of red bean soup today, and it was delicious. Two tablespoons of sugar does the trick. At the rate the red beans are disappearing, I can afford to buy a packet of green beans next time around, and finish them before I leave Newcastle. It will be even better if I can cook barley as well. These soups have dual functions, such as easing the heatiness from eating too much dried and fried food, and can serve as warm desserts as well.

Doodled the whole day away with surfing the net, chatting on MSN and lazing on the bed. In a nutshell, this was an unproductive day. Was rather peeved when the party of 4 went out in the evening without informing me. As a result, I was left alone at home. Apparently, they did not want to ask me along for they were under the impression that I would not oblige as their trip to Jesmond was an impromptu one. That is such a big misconception. Nevertheless, I voiced out my opinions to Huifang and hopefully, they will call me out for grocery shopping in future.

This has got to be the most angsty post ever. Hopefully, this will be the first and the last of such entries. Need to go and bathe now, for it's already past midnight. On a positive note, daylight saving time will end in approximately 26.5 hours time, which means that Newcastle will be just 2 hours, instead of 3, ahead of Singapore. Hurrah!

No comments: