Did some of my lab reports and filled in most of the sections of my resume for Industrial Attachment this morning. But most of the time was spent surfing the net and chit chatting to friends randomly. The house is much more quieter than before, for Alan and Wilson have gone back to Sydney for the 2 week vacation holidays and William spends a lot of time away from home. The Aarons and Hongjun went to play basketball as usual, and they did not come back until 3-4 hours later. According to Aaron, they participate in the weekly basketball matches at the Forum every Wednesday evening. After chatting with Bowie yesterday, I arrived at the conclusion that Aaron has an intense passion for basketball. Despite being sick with flu,dizziness and having tight assignment deadlines, he still forced himself to take part in last Wednesday's basketball match.
Stir fried thick Hokkien mee with green curry gravy together with sugar for lunch. I also added crab meat for the first time to my noodles, and it tastes great. The condiment was bursting with crab flavour and enhances the overall taste of my noodle dish. Dessert was the remaining vanilla ice-cream in the box. Now, the fridge will have more space to accomodate new food. The ice-cream box is bulky and occupies a large amount of space. Look forward to eating my Bulla chocolate chip ice-cream next week.
Aaron had very kindly acceded to my request to go to Red Roosters for dinner. In the evening, Shadab invited several of his friends over for a cooking cum drinking session. About the same time, the party of 4 and I adjourned to Lambton to have our dinner at Red Roosters. I ordered a box of fish and chips and mineral water, for I had forgotten to bring my pink water bottle out. This was one of the rare times I dip my fast food meals into sweet chilli sauce. I usually like to eat them plain. As usual, Huifang ordered a dish that had minimal amount of meat. I discovered that Aaron and I share a common dislike for green peas. He also dislikes celery, but I don't mind eating it. The fish and chips were satisfactory, but the price is a tad too steep at $7.95. The cost of the mineral water is even more presposterous ; $3.20 for a bottle with a capacity of 600 ml. The cashier who served me gave me 16 5 cent coins for my change of 80 cents. I was wondering whether it was a deliberate act, or had she really run out of coins of bigger denominations.
After dinner, we went to Great Union theatres to catch the movie "Semi-pro''. It has been a fortnight since I stepped into a cinema theatre. The movie was meant to tickle our funny bone as it was a comedy about basketball. However, I found it rather mindless and stupid. There was no proper plot and the actions were too highly exaggerated. The contents of the conversations were lewd to a certain extent as well. Lastly, none of the stars in the movie is good looking. But for the party of 4, I reckon that this movie will make some sense to them, for some parts of the movie focussed on how the basketball matches were being played.
After the 90 minute long movie, we headed to Woolsworth, for the couple wanted to buy some groceries. I jumped at the chance to buy 2 packets of frozen vegetables, a box of chicken fillets and half a dozen pancakes. Although I did not manage to get fresh milk and fruits, the small loot was satisfying, nevertheless. Set my laptop and alarm clocks to the +1000 timezone, since daylight saving time will end in a couple of hours time.
After a week of not going out the the party of 4 at all, I realised how much I actually treasure their friendship and yearn to go out with them for meals, movies and gatherings. Initially, I resented the fact that they were always in their own world during the many outings that they had invited me to, and often seemed to pretend that I did not exist by casting me out of their conversations and jokes. It was pretty hurting, for I was the only Singaporean among the sea of Malaysians and the difference in English standards did nothing but to exacerbate the situation. But if I look beyond the surface, the party of 4 actually took care of me, albeit in subtle ways. They took the effort to ask me out for gatherings, with the kind intention of giving me the opportunity to have a wider social circle and paid my hefty rental fees without demanding quick repayment. In a nutshell, I should stop throwing childish tantrums about how they treat me like a white elephant and look at the big picture.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment