It has been raining intermittently these few days,making travelling by public transport difficult. I had wanted to go shopping at Jesmond to replenish my severely malnourished food stock since Monday, and finally my was fulfilled late last night when Aaron drove me to Woolsworth, together with Oi Yin and Weifun. The two girls had popped over by our place for an overnight stay as Jeannie had went back to Sydney and Bowie had been warded in hospital for sharp pains in her intestines. She had underwent surgery last year to remove an infected appendix. I sincerely pray that she gets well soon.
Although I bought a lot of groceries, the shopping bill came up to a mere $78. It was a pleasant surprise because going by past experiences, I would have to fork out around $100 for such a loaded trolley. I bought two dozen slices of cheese, for it enhances the taste of omelettes. Vanilla yogurt is a healthier alternative to the Bulla Chocolate chip ice-cream. I never imagined that I could finish an entire 2 litre tub of it in less than 10 helpings! Dad used to say that the most delicious food is usually the most unhealthy food, how true indeed! However, I still need to purchase a pair of covered shoes, for one of the soles of my discarded sport shoes had become detached during the Tasmania trip. And, I still crave for a pair of coloured contact lenses.
Although the Internet has been revived, but the connection speed has been come sluggish. But, at least I can log into MSN to chat with my friends now, which is free of charge compared to using a pre paid card. I just have another slightly less than 2.5 months before I return back to Singapore. I am really looking forward to the 4th of July, for I miss the comfort of being in familiar company, such as my parents, Edward, the lamers, my NTU friends and other good friends whom I have known for at least a few years. Anticipate a lot of catching ups to do with them when I return. But of course, I will also miss Rachel and Aili, but the wonders of wireless technology is virtually boundless and we can still stay in touch with each other.
Meanwhile, I shall try to live life to the fullest in Newcastle, and not to let my inner demons dominate my personality. Getting all angsty and depressed is going to blind my logical thinking. I have never ever expected that such extreme feelings of insecurities and bitterness would descend upon me. Let's hope that these feelings vanish once and for all as soon as possible. I need to find back my inner peace and be the cheerful and humorous Yvonne again.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment