Wednesday, April 23, 2008

2nd visit to Hogsbreath and Goldberg (20/4/08)

Woke up at 12 noon after sleeping at 4 am the previous night. Had the last blueberry muffin and milo for breakfast. Attempted to check my email and log into MSN but it was a futile attempt for the Internet could not be connected successfully. That made me feel really helpless and irritable, for I am literally a slave to the Internet. As a result, all of my self discipline to start on my pile of holiday assignments vaporized into nothingness.Back in Singapore, I would be online all the time, except sleeping times.

The only highlight of the day was the Taylor's College gathering at 6.30 pm in Hogsbreath. There were 16 people present in total, which consisted of Fritz, his girlfriend Yu Wooi, Aaron's biomedical and biotechnology friends, Bowie, Oi Yin, Weifun, Cherlyn, party of 4 and me. I think this gathering was meant to be a farewell dinner for Yu Wooi, who had just graduated from UoN with a degree in Biomedical Science a mere 3 days ago. I couldn't help but feel envious when I caught glimpses of her graduation photographs on the camera Cherlyn was holding. Yu Wooi and I are of the same age, but I still have a long way to go before I officially graduate from NTU - July 2009. Yu Wooi looked really smart in her graduation outfit with a teddybear in hand. Occasionally, I will envisage myself donned in a graduation outfit and taking a family photo with my parents who would be oh-so-proud of me.

Ordered hearty meal of chicken fillets, together with broccoli, carrots, corn and a large scoop of potato mash with butter. I shared a table with Aaron and Bowie's clique. The girls were teasing Aaron relentlessly, and "forcing'' him to exhibit physical contact with Weifun while posing for a photo. Although Aaron was blushing from embarrassment, he still acceded to their mischievious requests. Although I was not involved in the teasings, I still managed to have a fairly good laugh. But the situation would be ideal if they had chosen to include me in their jokes. *sigh*

After dinner, we adjourned to Goldberg for drinks. Despite the chilly and drizzle, I order iced chocolate milkshake, for I have not drank it in ages. Fritz and his friends were reminiscing about their Brisbane trip in English, while Bowie and her friends were talking to Michelle and her boyfriend Sim, who are Aaron's Biotechnology friends in Chinese. It was tiring to listen to both languages simultaneously, for I was sandwiched in the middle of the two groups of friends. The gathering ended with the taking of group photos and a hug from Yu Wooi, who would be leaving Australia to start her job hunting or working life.

Its already Wednesday and I have not started doing my holiday assignments. It is imperative that I start doing them from tomorrow onwards. No more excuses for withdrawal symptoms for the Internet is up and running.

No comments: