Monday, March 3, 2008

Stay at home Sunday

Spent much of the day battling with my green engineering tutorial. Finally, I am proud to say that I have solved 5.5 out of the 7 questions in preparation for tomorrow's quiz. Although I spent more than an hour for a question, it was worth the time as I feel a sense of fulfilment when I see my final answers tallying with that of Geoff's.

Dinner was the remaining beef and cheese pie that the Aarons left behind when they shifted out to their new accomodation. It seemed like a light dinner but it would be great to go easy on my stomach once in a while, especially after yesterday's rich food at the picnic.

It is really high time I start on my IRHR 1001 1200 word assignment, for the deadline is next Monday. Thinking of writing such a long essay, in addition to intense searching for review journals makes me groan and moan. Nevertheless, I will look for some materials via the academic journals for my essay tomorrow. In addition, there is also a CHEM 3310 assignment that is worth 5% of the total grade to complete. Will probably need the textbooks in the library to source for the answers.

I feel the impact of culture shock to a lesser extent now, which is a good thing as the negative feelings can be kept in check. I got to learn many things which I will never get to learn back home, such as doing my own grocery shopping, cooking my own meals, accomodating to the noise level inside and outside the house, doing my own laundry, refilling my own water bottle etc. The biggest achievement for me would be overcoming the fear of oil sputtering and starting to fry food. Now, I intend to try making bombay toasts and making green,red and barley soup. Hope to accomplish these tasks before I leave Australia.

I no longer see Emerald around anymore :( The cold weather is probably forcing her to hide in somewhere warm now. Look forward to seeing her again. Right now, I cannot wait for the Easter holidays to come and most importantly, school term and exams to end!

No comments: