Monday, March 3, 2008

Start of Week 3

Today is a mundane day, for nothing really special happened. Took a lot of notes as usual during CHEM 3310 lecture, for Adam is not one who teaches straight from the contents of his power point slides, which is good. He specializes in medicinal and organic chemistry research, and touches a bit on drug design too. What a multi faceted researcher!

Went to print notes in Auchmuty Library and got a little irritated with the machine that allows you to top up your student card with credits to photocopy. Not only it cannot accept notes, it only allows us to top up using one coin at a time. In the end, I only managed add $1.50 into my card. Initially, I faced difficulties in swiping my card in order for it to be scanned. When that problem was solved, another pops up. Sigh, I think there should be more topping up machines around.

Lunch was a delicious and hearty crabmeat sandwich, together with cheese,tomato and lettuce. Definitely a healthy meal. Bought an IDD card worth $20, 2 packets of biscuits to munch on in case I am hungry and 2 fruit salads. The fruit salad and biscuits are charged at exorbitantly prices. $1.90 per packet of biscuit and $4.50 per bowl of salad. But I had no choice since I barely have any food at home left. In addition, I can only go Jesmond on Thursday to refill my food supplies because of my late dismissal times from school. I foresee I would have to survive on instant noodles with fried eggs till then. Ice-cream,yogurts,cheese and fruit salad definitely will not fill my stomach.

Imagine my shock when I realised that the single question that I could not do in the Green Engineering Material Balances tutorial come out as a 40% question in the quiz just now. Nevertheless, I tried my best to write down as much logical steps as I could. Really hope that Geoff will give me some method marks for that question, so that I can score more than 60 marks.

Went to Auchmuty library again to read the recommended organic chemistry textbook for CHEM 3310, so that I could have an easier time attempting the assignment. Although the contents did not help very much, but at least it was better than nothing. I must promise myself that I would seriously start planning for my management essay from tomorrow onwards. Procrastination is an extremely bad habit.

Skipped IRHR 1001 lecture for the first time today, because I was feeling rather tired plus I had already printed out the readings that are relevant to this week's lecture already. Just finished my dinner of tuna dish, fruit salad and vanilla ice-cream. This is the first time that I have dinner so early because I was feeling quite peckish. I have a lot of things to do tonight such as read my CHEM 3310 lab manual,read my management readings and maybe do my CHEM 3210 tutorial.

Well folks,till I blog again, here's yours truly saying bye bye!

No comments: