Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Post birthday present and treat

Had CHEM 3310 lecture early in the morning. Warwick was teaching at a slower pace this time around. But I did not pay a lot of attention as I am still in the Easter holiday mood. Catherine and Kelly wished me Happy Birthday and even received a lovely photo album from them. I shall develop the pictures I take during the exchange trip when I get back home. So that I can slot them into the album for easy viewing. Catherine and Kelly's birthdays fall during this semester, which is good, for I can give my greetings and treat them to meals personally.

After lecture, Catherine treated me to a bacon sandwich at Mamaduke for brunch. She herself, had a slice of chocolate cake. The sandwich cost $5 which is cheaper than I had expected it to be. The serving was large and I could not eat the sandwich as a whole because the combined layers of its content were too thick. I would need a huge mouth in order to do so. In the midst of savouring my brunch, I had a very entertaining and relaxing chit chatting session with Catherine. She loves driving, as she finds it exciting. In fact, driving to school is what she does on a daily basis. She prefers manual cars over auto cars, due to the more effective engine brake and it aids in her concentration on the roads. Speaking of driving, I saw one car in front of us veering off course while on the way home from Sydney. That is really dangerous, what if there was another car on the adjacent lane? The consequences would have been unthinkable. Catherine is also a part time tutor, which reminds me of my previous tutees as well.

Proceeded to Auchmuty Library after thanking and bidding Catherine goodbye. I certainly hope to take a few photos and keep in touch with her even after I leave Australia, because of her friendliness and all the help she had rendered to me during lab sessions. Typed an entry at blogspot at one of the computer terminals. Due to the long time I took to plan and organize the contents in my blog entry, I was 20 minutes late for Green Engineering lecture.

As usual, Michael made us copy the contents from the power point slides. But it failed to keep me awake as my eyelids were growing heavier and heavier as the lesson progressed. It must be due to the fact that I have not been getting sufficient sleep since the day we left for Sydney. My handwriting was also getting uglier and uglier. Therefore, I have decided to borrow the reference text from the library, in preparation for the quiz on Monday. Just hope that no one beats me to it. Michael always lets us off late from lecture, which is extremely irritating, for Geoff had always released us at least 10 minutes before the stipulated time. I shall continue to pray for Geoff to return as soon as possible to lecture us.

When I reached home, the first I did was to put my huge grey jacket in the washing machine and sleep. Woke up about one and a half hour later to hang it up and pamper myself with some light snacks. Ate an apple, a slice of cheese and some vanilla ice-cream. My friends went out to play basketball as usual, while I played Bejewelled and did some random surfing of the Internet. Dinner was duck flavoured instant noodles with the remaining Asian stir fry vegetables in the fridge. I had no choice but to discard the expired mushrooms, for they gave out a faint odour. Finally, I have gotten rid of all the vegetables that have passed their expiry dates. If only mushrooms and vegetables can be kept for several months instead of a mere few days!

Got to find out something exasperating yet a little amusing during a MSN conversation with Clar yesterday. Some western exchange students were under the big misconception that Singaporeans speak Malay at home. Figuratively, my eyes would have bulged out of their sockets in addition to my lower jaw hitting the ground. And I thought that the misconception that Singaporeans do not learn Chinese in school was considered wrong enough to induce jaw drops.

No comments: