Last night, I took the 22:15 Sydney bound plane by Qantas,which stops over at Adelaide for transit. Parents,relatives,Edward,Li Yun and Li Dan came to see me off. Not forgetting Yiling who gave me a lovely bouquet of flowers on behalf of the lamers. So touched! Li Yun also gave me a box of chocolates. Its a pity that I can't bring the chocolates and flowers over there,as Australia is very strict about any possible foreign soil and food. Nevertheless, all the well wishes from my loved ones are greatly appreciated ! Thank you everybody. Though I may not be around physically, but at least the advanced wonders of wireless technology will bridge the physical distance between me and all those who care for me :) Like Skype, internet sms and MSN.
The screening of the hand held luggage was butter smooth this time around,compared to the HK trip where they had to dispose of my shampoo and body foam bottles which were more than the allowed 100ml in capacity. It was such a heartache back then. Now the heartache stems from leaving my beloved home,parents and family for such a long time. Tears welled up in my eyes before I left home for the airport and when I had to proceed towards the departure gate.
The plane departed at around 22:49 (Singapore time). I was having a headache from all the mixed feelings churning inside me. So afraid I would get giddy and feel faint. Luckily, that did not happen. The flight attendants were mostly caucasians and the flight stewardesses were rather pretty and friendly. Service was not too bad, there was a blanket and a pillow for sleeping last night. Plus supper at around 0000+ ( Singaporean time) which consisted of sweet potato puree,salmon with white wine,thai chicken salad ( i only ate the cabbage because the chicken was too salty),lychee dessert,butter bread,chocolate bar and fresh fruit juice. Stomach felt queasy after that, because I never ever had such a heavy meal at midnight before! Tried to nod off, but the plane kept encountering minor turbulences throughout the night, causing it to shake and ruining my efforts to try to sleep =_= Varying sleeping positions didn't really help either, whether it was resting my head against the pillow which I pressed on the wall or adjusting the seat as far back as it could.
Giving up, I decided to just close my eyes and rest, while occasionally looking at the flight details, such as the distance to Adelaide,time remaining to destination,the altitude and the speed of the plane. Qantas airplane reached a speed of 1000km/hr,woah, the SIA and CX planes that I sat never went that fast ! After some hours, I decided to gaze out of the window into the sky and I saw a myriad of stars! The dawn sky looked absolutely stunning, as I never saw so many stars in such close proximity together in Singapore.I checked the screen, the airplane had already entered Australia. Regretted not having a camera with me that time.
Then,sunrise approached. Managed to take a few photos of it. Shall let the photos do the talking in my shutterfly account :P Had breakfast at about 4+ am ( Singapore time ). Urgh, felt a bit disgusted. Just a mere few hours ago, I had been so full to the extent of wanting to vomit , and now breakfast again. Nice breakfast nevertheless.Raisin pastry,fresh fruits,orange juice,and tea.Finished almost all of it except the butter biscuit which I eventually threw away because it had crumbled to bits in my pocket.
Reached Adelaide at around 7.39 am ( which is actually 5.09 am SG time ). Lost my boarding pass but luckily the lady was nice enough to make another one for me. My hand luggage was checked again before boarding the same flight to Sydney, which left at around 9.15am.The plane was very empty when I boarded it the second time. Had a bottle of orange juice and its cap was really difficult to unscrew.Reached Sydney at around 11.30 am ( 8.30 am SG time). Clearance was smooth and proceeded to meet Huifang,Hongjun and their friend, Bowie at MacDonalds. We waited for around an hour for the happy cabby to bring us to our house in North Lambton. Bought a Krispy Kreme doughnut while waiting, costs AU $2.25 ! Not bad but a tad too sweet. Refilled water bottle too.
The happy cabby journey cost AU $55! Good grief, really expensive! But the only redeeming factor was that the journey was 3 hours long, so had some time to catch up on lost sleep. The bus driver was friendly bud I felt that he drove a bit too fast at the sharp bends. The scenery in Sydney is similar to Perth, not too much human traffic and lots of houses around. Chose a room nearest to the door in our house. There were 2 other guys staying there already, one of them even helped us fix our internets. Really nice. Or else I would not be able to skype or MSN. However, we may be shifting to another house. Hopefully not, though the house is not exactly very clean, but its decent. Has all the necessary facilities. So right now, I am typing this blog entry while charging my handphone and camera batteries. And in addition, enjoying the cloudy,windy and cooling weather.
Okay, I think I have blogged an entry that is long enough. Continue next time. Shall enjoy the remaining few days of freedom before school officially starts on 18th!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment