Hi, only had IRHR 1001 lecture today and the professor released us 1/2 hour early. The professor is strict and does not mince his words when he speaks. He asserted that he would confiscate phones that ring during his lecture and that he bars people from socializing in class and disrupting his lessons. If we flaunt his rules, we will be thrown out of the lecture hall. I feel indignant about his attitude, we are all grown ups, why treat us like primary school kids? And the course requirements are extremely demanding too. We have to participate actively in tutorials in order to pass,apply critical thinking and read heaps of things :( The worst thing is, that textbooks are required! Hopefully I can ask Eric to lend me his books, since he took this module before.
School woes seem to be looming towards me now. I have a Green Engineering quiz about Units on Monday and the tutorial is really challenging. I have to spend a lot of time converting units in several steps! Now I know that engineering is much more demanding than Science. Because there are tons and tons of calculations and memorizations to overcome. I hate memorizing things, though my memory can be good sometimes. For now, I just hope I can pass all my examinations in June so that I would not need to retake anything, and be spared from all the shame and agony for failing my modules.
On a happier note, I managed to walk home by the shortest route today and encountered Aaron's car while strolling towards home. Hongjun went out of the car and asked if I wanted to go to gym with them. I kindly turned down his offer because I wanted to have some private time to myself and I had not eaten lunch yet. But I told them I would join them next week for gym, it will be good to get some exercise. Had a hard time cutting the lasagne in the midst of an attempt to thaw it. In the end, I just used a spoon to scrape some of it from the top and microwaved it. In future, I shall take the frozen food out a few hours before cooking, so that it can thaw completely.
I think I am addicted to the game Bejewelled, ever since I installed the trial version in my computer. But the game gets disrupted after 5 minutes because the trial period has expired ! But not giving up, I always click onto the shortcut again and it gives me another 5 minutes extra each time I do so. Unfortunately, I have to restart my game every 5 minutes and my score decreases dramatically when I continue a unfinished game. Hongjun said I could install a program that will allow me to play the game smoothly without paying. Shall try to find it later.
Cooked campbell mushroom soup to complement the pizzas and garlic bread my friends ordered for dinner yesterday. The boys' stomachs are analagous to bottomless pits, they can finish almost a full pizza by their own. I was already feeling bloated after eating 3 slices and having a small piece of garlic bread. The pizzas here taste similar to those in Singapore, except that the crust is thinner.
Finally, I have gotten my Commonwealth bank card and I hereby declare that vanilla ice-cream with fruit salad is an ultimate treat to sweet tooths like me. On random notes, I never fail to hear crows cawing on the way to school and back. And the sound of crickets and people playing techno songs in the middle of the night.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment