Woke up at 10+ am today, for I slept at 2am+ the previous night. I realised that recently, the weather has become much warmer. I need not wear my windbreaker anymore and I can even wear shorts without feeling cold. Sounds so much like Singapore weather huh? And those unsightly red mosquito bites are still persisting on my arms and legs. How I wish they will fade off soon!
Ate an apple and croissant bread 4 breakfast. The apple is really sweet and easy to bite, plus it is packed with a myriad of vitamins to keep my health in perfect balance :) After breakfast, I played Bejewelled and surfed the net,before attempting my Units tutorial. It was very demoralizing doing the tutorial, because I could not do several questions. Let's hope I can figure out all my doubts by Sunday, for the test is on Monday!
Had to discard the macoroni which I left to soak overnight yesterday, for they disintegrated and looked like some disgusting soft mash when I attempted to boil it for lunch. Luckily, Huifang was around and assisted me in cooking a new round of macoroni. I made a scrambled egg and added soya sauce to it. After the marcoroni had softened, I boiled some campbell soup and added it to the macoroni. Overall, the lunch preparation was quite successful as all the food was palatable. Afterall, this is my maiden try on frying eggs! Better late than never!
Simon, the landlord came in the midst of our lunch preparation to settle the rent and house issues. I told him to change the rusty utensil tray while my friends asked for the beehive to be destroyed, get a mop and broom and fix the short circuit problems arising from the usage of the vacumn cleaner. Speaking of which, I tried to vacumn my room this morning but it was futile. The stupid vacumn cleaner just refused to operate! And the washing machine was acting against me as well. Instead of drying my clothes, I found them floating on the water! But thankfully in the end, thanks to Hongjun's help, I managed 2 dry my clothes successfully.
Went to Charleston Square in the afternoon with the Aarons,Hongjun and Huifang. Charleston Square, according to Hongjun, is the biggest shopping centre in Newcastle. But I did not find anything special about it, but multi carpark reminded me of IMM though. Met Bowie and Weifan there too. They had taken a half an hour bus ride from home to the shopping centre. Purchased a pink pair of roxy slippers which cost only $9.55 as there was a sale going on. The original price was more than $10. Then had afternoon tea at the food court. I ate KFC chicken nuggets, but it wasn't as nice as I hoped it would be. Weifan shared her fries with me though we only started talking today, how sweet! Learnt alot of things from Bowie too, such as what is Taylor's College in Kuala Lumpur and that she can work for 20 hours per week in accordance to her student visa.
After the afternoon snack, Aaron sent us home before going back to the Formula 1 Hotel. Invited Huifang to my room and we had a heart to heart talk for almost an hour. Realised that her advices are very matured, but I am sad to say that our personalities seem to clash rather drastically. One wrong move and that might jeopardize our friendship. Well, guess that the purpose of an exchange is to accept people for their differences. And of course, be receptive to new cultures and horizons.
Fried vegetables and ate the lasagne which I had thawed for 3 hours together. The vegetables are all right but the carrots were a tad too hard, or should I say crunchy. Shall cover the pot for a longer time in future. Huifang fried chicken udon for dinner, looks sumptuous ! Aim to learn to cook more dishes here so that when I go back home, I would be able to prepare a decent meal for my family members.
Lastly, chatted with Kris online. He assured me that UoN's modules are not very stressful and he has faith that I can pass my exams. Well,let's hope he is right. On an abrupt note, I am tired, wish to nod off to lala land now. Goodnight !
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment