Today is the 3rd day that I spend with Rachel, after she came over for a sleepover yesterday. This time, we switched our sleeping positions, she slept near the edge while I slept near the wall. We chatted for quite a while before dozing off, and our conversations as usual, range from jokes to narrating about each others' lives, past and present. I believe all these bed time chats will strengthen our friendship bond as time goes by. Each conversation allows us to understand each other more, and I really love such in depth chats, with little or no stress.
Lunch was fettucine with campbell soup and potato mash with butter and cheese. The mention of these names is enough to send me salivating, almost literally. Rachel can be a qualified food critic, since she is so discerning about the various aspects of food, such as the texture and aesthetic appeal. It is a great blessing to have a friend who is more than willing to cook for you. Never in my wildest dreams have I imagined that I would meet such a special friend, after 21 years of living on this Earth. However, I am not one who will ditch my old friends for the new, and vice versa. All my friends will always have an irreplaceable position in my heart and memory.
I can't help but feel sad whenever she has to leave every Sunday. Whenever we are together, I just wish that time could come to a standstill, because the feeling of parting is sometimes too great for me to bear. Loneliness overwhelms me whenever we have to bid farewell to each other. No more laughters and girl chit chat sessions, at least for one week. One week seems like a year instead. Feelings of anticipation and longingness have never been so acute before. And I start shifting the blame to the workload that UoN burdens us with. Sounds very irrational and immature, but I really need an outlet to voice my thoughts out, and the best place to do so is my precious blogspot. Saturday Saturday, please come quick!
After she left, I enjoyed a close to 4 hour afternoon nap, after chatting with Deanies on MSN. My uni clique is going for Jolene's house next Tuesday for a steamboat gathering. How I wish I could be there too. And the atmosphere will definitely be exuberant, since Jefri will be going along too. He never fails to brighten up our gloomy and stressed study days with his optimism and constant encouragements. I still remember his peculiar hobby of mixing food together, for example, a chocolate bar with soya bean dessert. This reminds me of the deliciously sweet chocolate tau huey at Chomp Chomp. I made a special trip there after being influenced by one of the Singapore Idol finalists, Jasmine Tye. It is her favourite dessert and I have to admit, she has good taste!
All of a sudden, I am craving for all the Singaporean food which I sorely lack in the last 3 months. Hokkien mee, carrot cake, kway chap, chicken rice,duck noodles, chicken satay, cheese prata, ban mian.... And of course, not forgetting Mum's cooking. And I promised Mummy that I will prepare a belated Mother's Day meal for her. Believe that I will have more confidence in accomplishing this task now, after cooking rather actively since the day I arrived in Newcastle. Gave my stomach a rest for dinner, by just eating a Weight Watchers peach and mango yoghurt with a banana. Bananas can't be kept for too long, otherwise it will turn into an repulsive looking brown colour. I need to buy more fruits, I only have a few those big,fat and juicy apples remaining.
Tomorrow marks another cycle of a brand new studying week and I hope that it will be a more smooth sailing, and most importantly a more productive one. On a happier ending note, I want to thank Rachel for forking out time to read through every single of one of my lengthy blog posts. =). It is comforting to know that there are people out there who are genuinely interested in wanting to understand you better.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment