Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Satisfying Grocery Shopping

After Green Engineering tutorial, I took a path which I had never taken before to the Bar On The Hill for lunch. I was rather surprised that I could manage to find my way there successfully, despite the place not being marked on the campus map. Had asparagus pasta and a fried fish fillet for lunch, and it was rather disappointing. The asparagus pasta was a bit too salty and e fish fillet was tasteless. I even had a squeamish feeling in my stomach after finishing lunch :(

Walked to the Maths Bus stop to take 225 to Jesmond, with Hongjun and Huifang. The bus trip was short,only around 5 minutes. Each bus trip costs $1.50 for up to an hour you spend on the bus. It is a flat fare, so regardless of the time you spend travelling, the rate will still be the same. We do not use ezlink cards here, we just pay the driver the transportation fee by cash and he will give us a card to prove that we have an hour to spend on the bus.Interestingly, UoN does not have internal shuttle bus services, unlike NTU which has 3-4 shuttle bus routes. But they have public buses coming into the campus to bring students out to Jesmond and other parts of Newcastle.

Went to make a duplicate of the house key first, for I had lost the previous one at the Maths building last Thursday. Then, we went to the House of Asia on the 2nd floor of Jesmond, which is actually a provision shop selling ready to eat and fresh food that has Asian origins. Purchased several packets of instant noodles, frozen fishballs, frozen fishcakes and a packet of red beans from there. The store looks rather old but the variety of food on their shelves is quite wide. Spent almost $100 on grocery shopping at Woolsworth today, usually I spend $60 on previous trips. The trolley was almost filled with my food, most of them having a long shelf life and some frozen food too. After the fruitful shopping spree, I came to realise that having an abundant stockage of food at home gives me a therapeutic feeling!

We hired a cab to bring us home after Hongjun had bought 4 large pizzas from Pizza Hut. The taxi's starting fare is $3, and the price jumps by 10cents every alternate or few seconds. Seems propesterous huh? Indeed it is, for although the distance from Jesmond to Faulker Crescent is rather short, the taxi fare came up to $6.20! But luckily the fare was split among the 3 of us, so it was still okay.

The Aarons came over to share the 4 pizzas before heading for their basketball match later in the evening. Meanwhile, I was marinating my chicken with lemon sauce,sugar,salt and pepper to be microwaved for dinner later. In the evening, Aili dropped by at our house to pay me a visit. We chatted for almost an hour in my room. She had intended to pay me a visit before heading out to gym in school. After interacting with her, I am even more convinced that we share good chemistry. Felt really comfortable and happy talking with her, for we share quite a number of similar thinkings and personality traits. I will definitely make an effort to drop by her house next week too.

Had stir fried vegetables with egg, plus the microwaved lemon chicken for dinner. I had 2 slices of pizza earlier on at 5+ pm so my stomach was still quite full then. After seeing Wilson warm his lamb sausages, I felt disgusted to see the huge amounts of oil oozing out the sausages upon heat application. And Wilson did not even add a single drop of oil to them. But I do not fancy lamb anyway, so I would not get the chance to eat those utterly fattening and unhealthy sausages.

All right, I shall resume reading my management notes in preparation for the tutorial session tomorrow. And we would be doing group work for CHEM 3210 lab tomorrow, so things should be much easier. On a totally irrelevant note, where has my comb gone to??? =_____=

No comments: