After breakfast yesterday, I struggled hard to attempt the Green Engineering tutorial but it was a total failure. I could not do even a single question of the tutorial and the lecture notes did not seem to help either. They were too simple and Geoff did not go through all of the contents in the lecture notes. At this point of time, I foresee myself getting a big fat zero for the upcoming quiz on Monday, how depressing ! :(
It does not help that all of my friends seem so carefree, with no tests or assignments to trouble them. Or it could be possible that they are the kind of people who always do last minute studying. I have no idea, only they themselves know. I just cant wait for 12 more weeks of school to be over! Study life never fails to inflict an immense amount of stress on me.
Enough of the unhappy things, the party of 4 and me decided to catch a movie entitled "Meet The Spartans'' at Grand Union Theatres at 9.20pm. Before heading to KFC for dinner, a drunk man came to approach us for a lighter in an uncivilised fashion. He did the same way to a group of girls passing by too. It would have been a frightening experience if I were alone, because drunkards can lose all sense of self inhibition and reasoning and they might do something horrid.I clumsily spilt the water in my pink bottle on the floor and had to ask Hongjun to buy a bottle of mineral water for me. I had a packet of Twistees as a snack. It tastes different from the Twistees back in Singapore; there was less of the chicken flavour in the crisps. Despite Weiming's slim physique, he could guzzle down almost 2 KFC meals at one sitting. And I also found out that the guys preferred meat of vegetables, while Huifang preferred vegetables due to influence from her family.
"Meet the Spartans'' is quite a mindless and silly comedy, without any proper plot. They put together many characters found in various movies and popular icons in Hollywood together in a make-believe fashion. However, the movie is based on a previous war film called "300''. Most of the actions are greatly exaggerated and there are elements of sexuality and obscenity too. Overall, I found the movie rather distasteful although I laughed at certain points. This is the 3rd movie I have watched so far since I reached Australia, a refreshing experience indeed ! I have never watched so many movies within such a short time frame before.
Chatted with Mummy on skype but the reception was not good as usual. I really pray that the bandwidth for the Internet gets renewed on the 5th March. On a totally unrelated note, the milk which I had purchased had turned into white globs of fat when I poured it into my cereal this morning. As a result, I had to throw my entire breakfast away and settle for a banana and a cup of fruit juice instead. Next time, I must finish up the milk within 4 days once the bottle is opened or purchase a smaller bottle instead.
Now, I shall make another attempt to do my Green Engineering tutorial. *heaves a heavy sigh*
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment