Good morning, will be leaving for Sydney for a 2 days 1 night trip in a while. Will be residing in the Youth Hostel located in Sydney Central, which is a stone's throw away from Darling Harbour and other scenic attractions. Meanwhile, let's backtrack to the events that took place yesterday.
Woke up at 11.15 am, which is probably the latest time I ever woke up since I arrived at Newcastle. However, my other 4 friends woke up even later than me. It is really therapeutic to sleep in on a cool and windy morning. Set off for Kotara Westfield Shopping Centre for lunch at around 2 am. The car journey was about 20-30 minutes long. The shopping centre bears a little bit of similarity in terms of outward appearance to Charleston Square.
The first stop of the shopping centre was the food court. All of us ate Japanese food at Tokyo Teriyaki. Initially, I was rather unhappy by the long waiting time for the Chicken Katsu don to be ready. But my displeasure dissipated the moment the staff apologized for the delay.Nevertheless, I felt that if the same scenario was repeated back in Singapore, customers would already be swearing and cursing under their breath. The Chicken Katsu don was satisfactory and hearty, but it was rather costly at $8.90.
The party of 4 and me visited the cd, games, vcd, art and crafts, and gift shops in the mall. The guys bought some X-box games to pass their time in Newcastle. The highlight of the trip was the window shopping at Toys R Us to revisit our childhood days. There was a myriad of toys on sale, including the evergreen Play-doh,Barbie dolls and toy cars. I reminisced about the good old days when my doting parents would buy a lot of toys for me, and the innocent,child-like demeanour I used to possess. Unfortunately, as I progress into adulthood, I become more cynical and pessimistic, which are the consequences of being tainted by witnessing the atrocities committed in a less than ideal world. How I wish I was a child of ten again! *daydreams*
There is something interesting to note at the shopping mall. There is a touch screen directory which you can use to locate the various shops in the mall according to category. Was intrigued by it although I did not use it. Purchased a butterscotch ice-cream from Wendy's to satisfy my sweet tooth. I always like to slowly savour the taste of the ice-cream,for if I finish it too fast, I will not get to enjoy every single bit wholeheartedly.
The sky was slightly overcast when we made our way home. It was such a stark contrast to the clear skies we saw on our way to the mall. Rested for a while and played some Bejewelled before preparing dinner of stir fried vegetables and mushroom omelette. Alas, I have finished the set of eggs which expire on 24th March. Surfed the Internet and did a hasty last minute packing of my backpack before sleeping at around 1 am. Speaking of the Internet, the webpages are starting to load as slowly as they did on the 3rd of March, just before the renewal of the bandwidth. =_=
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment